Why do you want to do the course/subject that you are applying to do?
BA (Honours) Fashion Management & Communication
BA (Honours) Creative Writing
BA (Honours) Media
- Believe it will help aid me towards attaining the job I want in the future
- The course interests me and I have prior knowledge on the related subjects of the course
Which skills/knowledge developed whilst on this course/outside of college?
- Organisation skills
- Time management skills
- Communication skills
- Leadership skills
- Instinct and creativity skills
- Analytical skills
- Journalistic skills
- Web design skills
- Working under pressure
How do the skills and knowledge you have learnt link to the course/subject you are applying to do?
I have learnt how to interact with people and work together with people in larger groups which may involve debating and discussion
How did you develop these skills/knowledge? – Refer to specific experiences you have done/ specific tasks you have done work experience you have done etc
Between the ages of twelve and thirteen I taught gymnastics to a group of 5 – 11 year olds letting me interact with a large group showing leadership skills and am able to hold peoples attention (Even younger kids who can be easily distracted) And also had to engage in groups in my college course when discussing articles and quizzes about current events and news.
What are your personal qualities? How will these help you have a valuable/good student on the course/subject you are applying for?
- Creative and Imaginative
- Good leadership skills
- Hard working
What evidence can you provide for the personal qualities that you say you have?
- Witty – I’m a chirpy and fun-loving person with smart humour along with balancing my work ethic beliefs
- Approachable – I’m friendly with a kind appearance and am very easy to talk to and love helping people
- I have always been interested in creativity such as art and story writing and love coming up with new and exciting ideas
- I have natural nurturing tendencies when with my friends and am independent and look after myself and have learnt to not depend on directions from others. I also taught a gymnastics class of 5 – 11 year olds for 11 months (Which also taught me time keeping skills, working under pressure and with younger kids, patience and a high work drive)
- I am good at analysing and searching in depth at pieces of work and have had to do this on my course when reading article and etc
- I strive to achieve the best I can and have a deep passion for knowledge and learning new things.